Navigation Test Director
Company: W R Systems Ltd.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Clearance Requirement: -Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret
ClearanceTravel Requirements: 60%Location: Norfolk, VASUMMARY: WR
has an opportunity for a Field Service Representative, Lead
(NAVCERT) for an extremely exciting and challenging position
representing the Navigation Systems ISEA (In Service Engineering
Activity) in the performance of Navigation Certifications (NAVCERT)
and Field Change upgrades on US Navy Ships.Position
responsibilities -will include, but are not limited to the
- Conduct both dockside and at sea tests, analyze collected data
and be able to identify and resolve installation, technical and
- Provide expertise to resolve Navigation system interface issues
with other shipboard systems and assist with the development and
updating of all required documentation and procedures.
- Travel to sponsors' sites as a technical representative of
project, conduct field tests, interpret and evaluate field data,
and serve as a liaison with industrial, governmental, and other
- Prepare status, progress, and final reports for projects,
describing the results of field experiments and/or
- Light-off, configure, test, troubleshoot, and operate primary
systems and peripheral equipment in support of project.
- Verify functionality of newly installed equipment and evaluate
system performance under actual operating conditions.
- Continuously develop skills with new technology and systems
relevant to on-going and anticipated projects.
- Maintain and continuously seek improvements to test procedures
and processes for maximum efficiency, safety, and quality.
- Provide oversight and on-the-job training to lower level
- Provide input to Project Managers for proposals and Statements
of Work.Candidates must possess the following knowledge, skills,
- Associates Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology or
technical training in US Navy Navigation equipment and systems
- Five (5) + years of hands-on experience with US Navy Navigation
equipment and systems, to include three (3) of the following four
- Systems Requirements
- Operational Requirements
- Test & Evaluation
- Three (3) + years of experience as a technician (in related
electronics fields) performing work, which required advanced
operation and systems analysis of government electronic systems or
inertial navigation equipment.
- One (1) + years of experience providing technical instruction
to junior technicians (in related electronic fields) performing
work in support of operation and systems analysis of electronic
systems or inertial navigation equipment.
- Knowledge and experience with the installation and operation of
AN/WSN-7 & 7B, CDU, VMS(ECDIS-N), EM Log, DEML, DHSYL, NAVSSI and
other related shipboard Combat Systems equipment.
- Prefer proven management/leadership experience in the support
of testing and evaluation of navigation systems.
- Must possess exceptional attention to detail and coordination
skills and have the confidence and communication skills to brief
senior shipboard personnel on the status of all requirements and
- Experience with management of installations of electronic
Tempalts, Ordalts, and Shipalts, including estimating, tracking,
reporting, and directing.The selected candidate will be required to
pass a pre-employment third-party background check which may
include verification of any of the following: Employment history;
Education and/or certifications; Criminal history; Driving Records;
Other records or information related to the candidate's suitability
for the position.Due to recent federal court action, the target
date by which federal contractor employees must be fully vaccinated
against COVID has been extended indefinitely. COVID vaccination
requirements for those performing work at a customer site and/or
who travel as a part of their function will take precedence over
guidelines for WR facilities.WR is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer and is committed to diversity in our workforce. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, traits associated with race, color,
citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information,
creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including
lactation, age, religion, marital status, physical or mental
disability, veterans' status, or any additional factors that are
protected by law. Please see
https://wrsystems.com/our-responsibility/ for more
Keywords: W R Systems Ltd., Norfolk , Navigation Test Director, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!