Director Export Trade
Company: CMA CGM
Posted on: September 21, 2022
CMA CGM Logistics is part of the group CMA CGM covering all the
aspects of Supply Chain. Present in more than 120 countries, CMA
CGM Logistics CMA CGM Logistics is also the supply, receipt,
storage, order preparation, customs, and transport to production
sites (or via platforms).
The Director, Export Trade is responsible for the development of
Trade Tactical Plan for export market cargo opportunities. Ensures
achievement of budgeted volume, revenue and contribution of
financial results. Achieves budgeted flows by commodity segment and
ensures required cost control is achieved. Ensures plans are
implemented to achieve the trade goals of volume, revenue, cost
control, market share, and contribution.
This position will be responsible to:
- Budget development in concert and cascading through
organization with relevant HO Line Management.
- Maintain excellent communication with sales regions, service
delivery and HO Line Management to ensure budgeted goals are
achieved and exceeded. This will require periodic joint sales
calls, regional conference calls on weekly, monthly and quarterly
basis to ensure tactical plan is fulfilled.
- Review monthly analysis of volume, revenue, contribution and
cost and develop action plans to cascade through the network to
address the deviations from budget.
- Develop of special commodities segments i.e. Refrigerated and
- Develop and set pricing policies to be utilized by trade
organization and make regular adjustment to achieve the Trade
- Provide HO Line management a 3- month rolling volume and
- Document primary assumptions and facts about market growth
aspirations and product summary details. Include assumptions on
routing, significant shifts in equipment size, type usage, depot /
imbalance requirements, seasonality and capacity.
- Review the volume and contribution mix objectives, together
with the marketing objectives and assumptions.
- Review the detailed sales business plan versus trade
assumptions and make the required adjustments to derive the desired
Trade Tactical Plan.
- Produce a budget and set trade related Key Performance
- Revise the Trade Tactical Plan to reflect the most current
information about market growth, market share and competition.
Review the business plan with sales Regions and agree on changes to
customer and container imbalance strategy, as required.
- Mentor and develop direct reports
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Thorough knowledge of Trade Operations with a minimum of 6 to 8
years of shipping experience and 3 years in a management
- Self-motivated and have excellent oral and written
- Work independently
- Attention to detail with analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and
- Team player
- Comfortable in maintaining the confidentiality
- Customer service oriented
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient in the English language (written and oral)
- 2 - 4 years of trade experience
CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity
for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital
status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other
legally protected classification. PI192002708
Keywords: CMA CGM, Norfolk , Director Export Trade, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!