Company: Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Your growth is our priority. Children's Hospital of The King's
Daughters Health System (CHKD) is the comprehensive pediatric
health system serving the needs of families throughout southeastern
Virginia, northeastern North Carolina, and beyond.
More than a hospital. We operate a 206-bed freestanding children's
hospital with the region's only Level I pediatric trauma center
along with 45 locations that provide primary care, specialty care,
outpatient surgery, urgent care, and support services. Our
pediatric mental health facility opening in 2022, will expand on
the critical mental health programs that we currently provide. Our
team is made up of more than 3,500 employees who are the
best-of-the-best in their fields and fulfill our mission to bring
state-of-the-art compassionate care to every family who needs
The Manager of Compensation will utilize their compensation
experience, analytical mind set and management skills to develop
and lead the compensation team! The Manager of Compensation is
responsible for planning, developing and implementing new and
updated compensation programs. Additionally, this role will rely on
strong communication skills as you work with all levels of our
healthcare system! If you are looking for a challenging and
essential role, apply to the Manager of Compensation position
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the planning, development, implementation and
administration of compensation programs and strategy.
- Monitors the effectiveness of existing compensation programs
and practices and recommends cost effective changes that are
consistent with compensation trends and organizational objectives
while factoring in budgetary and financial health of the
- Provides advice and consultation to HR leadership on pay
decisions, policy interpretations while determining competitive
- Offers timely creative solutions to the myriad of compensation
inquiries and concerns that may arise and provides closure on
issues with tact and a high sense of urgency.
- Manages compensation employees and is responsible for team
members' performance, development, coaching and mentoring,
including the selection and hiring of employees into the team.
- Oversees the planning and participation of salary surveys and
monitors the effectiveness of survey data by ensuring that
compensation objectives are achieved.
- Oversees the job evaluation process by ensuring that positions
are appropriately graded and FLSA classified.
- Validates salary structure effectiveness by reviewing it
regularly (at least on an annual basis) and makes adjustment
recommendations based on sound empirical survey data.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local compensation
laws and regulation.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS-- WorldatWork Certified Compensation
Professional preferred or at least near completing the
certification requirements within a year of employment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or
- At least 6 years of progressive compensation program
- At least 3 years managing direct team members.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations and
compliance requirements related to broad based and incentive
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills with the ability to
compile, analyze, interpret and communicate data.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to plan and
- Strong proficiency and technical aptitude with the use of MS
Office products, especially Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio,
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels
of employees and external audiences as well.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with senior
We are proud to offer market competitive compensation and benefits,
including affordable health, vision, dental, and supplemental
insurances, generous paid time off, tuition assistance, and a 401k
Retirement Savings plan with organization match. #CHKDCares
#CHKDBuildWithMe #CHKDHeroes #CHKDHeroTeam
Apply now at We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer
Keywords: Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters, Norfolk , Compensation Manager, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!