Posted on: November 22, 2021
As part of the Hampton Roads Connector Partners (HRCP) Joint
Venture, Flatiron has been selected to construct the new Hampton
Roads Bridge Tunnel (HRBT) Expansion Project in Virginia. As the
Business Manager, you will assist in managing the Payroll
Department, support the Controller and Commercial Manager by
assisting with Joint Venture and Flatiron specific reporting.The
multibillion dollar HRBT project scope will include: a new
bridge-tunnel crossing, replacement of existing marine approach
bridges, the addition of a third lane on 1-64 in each direction,
and new bridge-tunnel complex that will accommodate 4 lanes of
traffic for a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water and is
expected to conclude in 2025.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial reports,
together with the yearend reporting, audit schedules, cost reports,
reconciliations, and management reports.
- Provide financial analysis and interpret financial data and
statements in order to make recommendations to the Project
- Assist with Forecast reviews.
- Assure that subordinate ledgers reconcile with the general
- Assist with updating budgets and cost controls including cost
allocations to departments/project segments.
- Provides documentation supporting the accuracy and integrity of
- Ensures adherence to financial policies, procedures and
- Managing the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
along with the associated payment and collection efforts and
- Assist in managing project assets.
- Assist in managing project payroll and certified payroll
- Understand and comply with state and local requirements
concerning sales/use tax.
- Coordinate and assure compliance with project specific
insurance requirements and small business reporting
- Subcontract Administration including management of lien release
process, tracking subcontractor compliance with Subcontract
- Maintain relationships with Joint Venture partners, clients,
owners, subcontractors, or members of the business community.
- Maintains knowledge of Flatiron's company values and strategic
- Support published corporate policies.
- 8+ years finance experience or training in the construction
- Bachelor's Degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Experience with eCMS, SAP, or JD Edwards preferred.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Management skills required. Ability to delegate tasks
appropriately and clearly communicate expectations with staff.
- General understanding of construction industry and project
- Understands state and local requirements concerning sales/use
tax.Some of the benefits you may be eligible for as an employee
- Comprehensive compensation package and paid time off
- Industry leading 401(k)/RRSP
- Medical/Extended Health Care, Dental, Vison and/or Provincial
- Wellness benefits & Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement ProgramWe are an EEO/AA/ADA/Veterans
Keywords: Flatiron, Norfolk , Business Manager, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!