Director of Operations - Waterside District
Company: Waterside District
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Norfolk's premier dining and entertainment district is a central
place where you can hang out, dine and relax with your whole
family. Waterside District features the best of national, regional
and local restaurants and offers live music, festivals and more.
Located in the heart of the central business district and adjacent
to the City of Norfolk's world-class waterfront and festival site,
Waterside District is a central gathering place for local residents
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Director of Operations Responsibilities include, but are not
- Maintain proper staffing levels to maximize sales;
- Maintain 90+ third party "shop" scores;
- Manage Office Systems including: cash handling, office
- Maximize sales on event day and game day operations including
pre/post event activities;
- Achieve or exceed P&L objectives per pre-determined
projections and company expectations;
- Manage facility R&M including PM, warrantee work, daily
cleaning, repairs and associated budgets;
- Maintain the POS and audit operations.
- Ensure correct on-boarding of all employees according to
- Monitor all payroll functions from the timekeeping systemto any
adjustments toensure all guidelines outlined in the Employee
Handbook are met.
- Ensure compliance on all "Wage and Hour" standards according to
city, state, federal and company guidelines.
- Practice company's "Open Door" policies.
- Monitor workplace to make sure all employees are being treated
- Develop employees for advancement.
- Identify employees for promotion and discover unique employee
- Provide aprofessional andsafework environment for all
- Enforce all training standards (initial, on-going and
specialty) including testing, updating training materials and
thecertified trainers program.
Financial and Business Management
- Perform weekly inventories per company standards.
- Assemble and turn in PACE per pre-determined company
- Perform financial reporting and analysis as directed by
- Maintain COGs according to company standards.
- Understand and execute all company cash handling procedures
including: safe maintenance, deposits, change orders and all
- Audit financial operations randomly.
- Maintain POS system for accuracy and efficiency, ring all sales
according to plan.
Marketing and Promotions
- Develop and execute weekly and monthly promotions to build the
brand and generate revenue.
- Request and utilize collateral to support promotional and
- Effectively develop and manage the 120 promotional calendar to
clearly plan promotional efforts.
- Oversee the scheduling and effectiveness of al promotional
hours and outings.
- Work withdistrict marketing plan to maximize venue's
- Manage all salesbuilding personnel to accomplish pre-designated
- Constantly monitor and adjust salesbuilding offer as
- Approve and monitor all salesbuilding collateral and outreach
- Oversee all Salesbuilder "sales report" reporting.
- Manage salesbuilding systems: check ins, data collection,
- Oversee pre-designated BOH systems according to established
- Maintain and monitor all menus.
- Oversee all product chain of custody for all products.
- Maintain all food and supply storage areas.
- Maintain great relationships with all vendors.
- Oversee BOH staffing and BOH crew development.
- Establish and maintain BOH standards including: ticket times
standards, expediting operations, etc.
Private Parties and Catering
- Effectively communicate and execute all private parties
according to plan including: food service and quality standards,
greet procedures, POS and pay out procedures, set up and dcor
standards, party rental, supply storage.
- Accomplish the goal of rebooking all repeatable
- Utilize BEOs and reservation system to effectively utilize
resources and maximize revenue.
- Provide information to sales team and Director of Sales in a
timely manner in order to help book parties.
- Provide feedback to team to update menus,providebetter
operations and to keep sales team up to date.
- Manage weekly BEO meeting.
Director of Operations Qualifications
- 5-7+ years' experience in management of and dealing with
largerestaurant operations required, multi-unit management a plus.
4 year college degree or equivalent and/or course work in
restaurant management preferred. Must be at least age 21 and speak
- Proven ability to lead a team and portray good people
- Proven ability tocommunicate effectively and efficiently, both
verbally and in writing, aswell aslisten to fellow employees,
guests and third parties.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Possess exceptionaltime management and organizational
- Must be internally motivated and detail oriented and have a
passion for teaching others.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days,
nights, weekends and holidays.
The Director of Operations position requires the ability to perform
- Moving about the facilities safely and efficiently.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to75 pounds.
- Handling food, objects, products, and utensils.
- Pushing, pulling, bending, stooping, kneeling.
Keywords: Waterside District, Norfolk , Director of Operations - Waterside District, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!