Director of Philanthropy
Company: West Park Hospital-WY-US
Posted on: February 14, 2021
Medical Center (NDC) - Health Center -- Development Norfolk , VA
Management Full-Time , Days The Director of Philanthropy focuses on
Planned and Major Giving. General Summary: The Director of
Philanthropy serves as a chief strategist and pipeline manager for
philanthropy. Develops and implements creative and sophisticated
strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, close and steward
CHKD's philanthropic prospects. Reports to the Senior VP, Chief
Engagement and Innovation Officer. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a portfolio of donors and prospects, with the goal of
securing gifts encompassing major, leadership, principal, planned,
foundation, corporate and others to achieve CHKD philanthropic
- Develops and implements strategies to identify, cultivate,
solicit, close and steward CHKD's philanthropic community.
- Advises in the development and execution of coordinated
strategies aimed to maximize the life-time engagement and
philanthropic support of CHKD's donors.
- Engages in pipeline development, supporting efforts across all
categories of giving and adding value to the individual and
collective goals of the team.
- Builds and manages a network of relationships within CHKD and
the community to facilitate collaboration.
- Interacts with internal hospital leaders such as physicians,
program directors, and other development staff, to formulate and
execute strategies for ongoing engagement and support.
- Maintains awareness of organization-wide strategic priorities
that can be supported by philanthropy and works with the team to
attain philanthropic support. .
- Conducts moves management of assigned prospects in compliance
with standard operating procedures, including CRM maintenance.
- Accurately tracks and reports on weekly, monthly, quarterly and
yearly key performance indicators, ensuring critical activities are
carried out in order to deliver annual goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned by senior leadership. Minimum
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field.
- 10 or more years of proven experience in fundraising with
demonstrated career progression.
- Demonstrated success record of donor solicitation and giving
- Experience in prospecting, cultivation and solicitation.
- Experience with capital campaigns preferred.
- Experience with Donor database and Microsoft Office.
- Solid knowledge of tax laws that impact charitable giving,
personal assets and estates.
- Requires problem solving, research and analytical skills
necessary to organize and oversee work of subordinates.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills including the
ability to work successfully with donors, colleagues, agents of
wealth, and administrators.
- Must have excellent management skills and be self-directed and
- Highly developed ability to work independently within a strong
team as well as collaboratively with colleagues to achieve common
- Must possess ability to articulate the CHKD story with
effectiveness to secure current and future gifts.
- Must have valid drivers' license and meet insurance
requirements of organization with a good driving record.
- Travel required (mostly local) utilizing personal vehicle.
- Must be available to work nights/weekends as needed. Additional
- This role holds primary responsibility for gifts of estates,
trusts, and various other financial venues that reflect financial
planning and deferred giving opportunities. The director serves as
fundraising liaison for the Health System and prepares written
materials, including having primary responsibility for training and
support for other staff members working with donors on deferred and
- The Director of Philanthropy in Planned and Major Giving will
enhance operational efficiency in planned giving to ensure that all
systems and processes from gift documentation to systems reporting
are accurate and tailored to align with the needs of the Children's
Hospital of the King's Daughter's Health System. We are proud to be
an EEO/AA employer EOE/Disability/Vet
Keywords: West Park Hospital-WY-US, Norfolk , Director of Philanthropy, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!