Company: Public Affairs Council
Posted on: September 3, 2020
We're looking for a candidate to fill this position in an
- coordination of company federal government relations programs
- Drives proactive federal advocacy campaigns that support
company-- objectives and support an excellent reputation among
Washington, DC -based audiences.
- Advocates for laws, regulations and policies favorable to the
company and its business units and functions.
- Develops strong relationships and serves as company-- key
point-of-contact with appropriate members of Congress, staff
members, and Executive Branch officials.
- Provides counsel for existing, emerging and potential public
policy issues to determine business impact and develop strategic
and tactical plans to manage the issues externally and internally,
anticipating and projecting trends, developments, threats and
- Manages the department's budget to optimize company--
government relations activities.
- Monitors the legislative and regulatory processes at all levels
of the federal government, while ensuring that senior leadership
are aware of impending policy and legal issues of interest to
- Develops and maintains productive relationships with industry
peers, stakeholder groups and key industry/opinion leaders to help
create an understanding of company-- , its objectives and
- Responds to inquiries on policy issues on behalf of company--
and oversees the development and dissemination of positions to
advance company-- objectives, including testimony, comments on
regulations, and policy-related talking points and messages.
- Represents company-- at trade groups and develops extensive
relationships with industry peers and other stakeholder
- Partners with and recommends PAC contributions to federal
candidates and corporate contributions where permitted.
- Bachelor's degree in Political Science or Communications
- 10 years of progressive government affairs/relations, public
policy, public affairs, community relations, campaign work or
- 8 years of people leadership experience in building, managing
and/or developing high-performing teams.
- Organizational leadership and management experience; the
ability to motivate others to advance goals and the ability to
effectively manage multiple projects or roles in a rapidly evolving
- Demonstrated strong record of planning and executing successful
lobbying and government affairs initiatives to achieve
enterprise-wide results; proven experience building partnerships
and strategic alliances.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government officials on
Capitol Hill and/or at a federal agency, especially in the Senate,
House or White House including senior administration officials,
Members of Congress and federal agency officials.
- Demonstrated track record of working with and earning the trust
and confidence of high-profile government leaders and serving as a
- Experience and understanding of financial services
- Experience as a member of an organizations' executive
management team; experience successfully providing counsel and
recommendations on complex government affairs matters to senior
- Executive-level business acumen in the areas of the business
operations, industry practices and emerging trends required;
background in developing and managing budgets, including budget
analysis, forecasting and planning.
- Excellent communication, analytical, and organizational
- Ability to influence and develop position son federal
government matters related to business strategy and
- Ability to work and contribute in a fast-paced business
environment, to think strategically and develop solutions that can
be implemented to attain desired results
- Ability to break down barriers and drive for results.---
Keywords: Public Affairs Council, Norfolk , Vice President, Executive , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!