Transit Graphic Technician
Company: Hampton Roads Transit
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Responsible for brand identity development, design, and production
of materials for print, electronic media, and web. Under general
direction, plans, develops, and creates graphic design material for
print, electronic media, and web. Provides support for planning
projects and studies. Directly responsible for production and
design for all public information material and signage. Essential
Job Functions: (Duties listed are not intended to be all inclusive
nor to limit duties that might reasonably be assigned.)
- Graphic design and related support of projects, planning
studies, programs, public information campaigns, initiatives, and
reports of organizational significance.
- Plans, develops concepts and original designs, and reviews
graphic materials and project deliverables; including, digital
communications, maps, signage, fixed route schedules, rack cards,
fliers, brochures, newsletters, PowerPoint presentations,
advertisements, visual displays, promotional items, customer
notices and alerts, public meeting material, forms, logos, charts,
reports, briefs, posters, direct mail, conference/event materials,
and other printed/graphic materials for fixed route service, MAX,
ferry, light rail, and high capacity transit.
- Provides support for projects using creative and technical
skills; including (ArcGIS) maps (planning), infographics and icons,
posters, brochures, public meeting boards, public information
material and displays, reports, and other marketing and outreach
- Responsible for production and design for public information
material and signage; including those located at LRT station
platforms, bus transit centers, interior light rail vehicle signage
and other public information media.
- Designs, develops and updates light rail interior maps, and
- Manage and facilitate print production of route schedules, and
related material, and coordinates with print shop and warehouse to
ensure timely delivery of schedules.
- Designs, develops and regularly updates system maps for fixed
and snow routes.
- Designs, develops and maintains light rail platform signage and
ferry dock signs.
- Creates and maintains vicinity maps and wayfinding signs for
each major transfer location.
- Creates visual representation of data tables, charts, and
processes in static and dynamic formats requiring originality,
creativity, critical thinking, attention to detail, and an
awareness of audience and functionality to effectively address the
- Creates and manages the production of bus stop signage to
reflect service changes and adjustments
- Coordinates and assists in the development, production and
distribution of printed/graphic materials with internal customers
and staff and external vendors.
- Responsible for designing, providing support for and/or
updating agency and/or project websites as needed.
- Attends interdivisional and inter office meetings to assist in
promoting the visualization services of the Planning
- Responsible for handling all job-related responsibilities in
accordance to HRT's plans, policies, and procedures.
- Manage records created and received in compliance with the
Hampton Roads Transit Management Policy and Procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT's
- Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in
accordance to HRT's Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard
Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
- Other duties as required. Required Knowledge, Abilities and
Skills essential to Job Functions:
- Consistently promote creative and innovative ideas, concepts,
initiatives, studies, and programs.
- Excellent communications, writing, editing, and proofreading
- Must be able to take direction, as well as conceptualize and
design projects independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff members, other
agencies, businesses, and the general public. Required Software
Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions: Proficiency in
using computer systems and the listed software applications
associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic
problem solving skills associated with software applications used
is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be
evaluated. Software applications:
- Proficient in Mac and PC and related software and operating
- High level of experience in Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator,
Acrobat Professional, Quark, FTP, Dreamweaver, PowerPoint, and
Microsoft Office. Training and/or Education: Bachelor's Degree from
an accredited four year college or university with a major in
Graphic/Arts Design or related field (appropriate experience may be
substituted for degree). Required Experience: 3-5 years of
experience in Graphic Design Licenses or Certificates: Valid VA
Driver's License Special Requirements: This position is classified
as non-essential personnel. FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Physical
Demands: Must be able to operate a keyboard device. The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Unusual Demands: Must work outside regular business hours as
required. The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Work involves meeting multiple demands on a
timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime.
Keywords: Hampton Roads Transit, Norfolk , Transit Graphic Technician, Engineering , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!