Communications Network Engineer - Secret Clearance REQUIRED
Company: Job Juncture
Posted on: April 18, 2019
- As a Communications Network Engineer you will be expected to
install and maintain network devices at the site and work with the
NOC technicians and Managers to troubleshoot outages and resolve
network related issues.
- You will be responsible to create ticket for maintenances using
HPE Service Manager. Candidates will be expected to understand,
implement, and follow processes in accordance with current policies
- Perform escalation and additional tasks as directed.
- Take Direction from the Regional Leader and Site Leaders.
This position's primary role will be a Field Services
Communications Network EngineerServicing a large scale Enterprise
network. You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and
Computer Service Technician and IPS/OSP technicians. This network
includes Cisco, Aruba, Brocade, Juniper, Riverbed and McAfee
network devices to include Routers, Switches, Access Points,
Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
and WAN Accelerators. Will be part of a Waterfront Support Team
responsible for emergent requirements on installing and moving
network devices.Requirements:Job Requirements
- The successful candidate will be an innovative technical
professional, customer service oriented, and knowledgeable engineer
in the field of Ethernet and IP data engineering with 4 plus years'
experience as a Network Technician.
- Position requires a high level of project coordination skills
to manage the execution of maintenance activities and network
- Fundamental understanding of the OSI Model is required.
- Experience must include operational support, and configuration
of network devices such as servers, routers, switches, associated
software tools, and cabling in a large LAN/MAN/BAN/WAN
- Knowledge of network protocols such as OSPF, BGP, and EIGRP is
- Knowledge and experience working with wireless technologies,
Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS),
and WAN Accelerators and associated technologies is highly
- You will be part of a Team of Network Technicians and
- Some Travel will be required.
- Secret Security Clearance is required.Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for excellence and
continual improvement, combined with an entrepreneurial spirit,
strong written and oral communication skills, strong interpersonal
skills, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, ever-changing
- Strong customer service and communication is necessary to
ensure customer satisfaction and network reliability.
- A good problem-solving and troubleshooting skills in severs and
Cisco devices are a Plus.Education
- A Background Information Technology field or a related
technology field is highly desirable. Other evidence of
intellectual, technical, business accomplishments, and related
technology leadership experiences will be considered.
- Cisco CCNA and Security+ required.
- ITIL foundation V3 certification is highly desirable.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Norfolk , Communications Network Engineer - Secret Clearance REQUIRED, Engineering , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!