Engineer Supervisor - Hilton Norfolk The Main
Posted on: November 21, 2022
Come be a part of The Main, Downtown Norfolks upscale hotel,
dining, and meeting destination. We are focused on delivering
exceptional customer service while having competent, dedicated, and
focused associates who are motivated by a profound responsibility
to exceed our guests expectations. We are always looking for the
best talent to join our team.Coordinates the daily operations of
the Engineering department, ensuring that the services exceed the
expectations of the Property, Owners and Guests. Ensures compliance
with all policies, procedures and regulations.Responsibilities of
Gold Key-PHR Supervisors:
- Understand the needs of the shift, deploy resources and
communicate the plan to the staff department so that products and
services are delivered timely and to the departments
- Use the departments Job Skill Handbooks to consistently coach
and train Associates.
- Use the approved tools and checklists to set daily expectations
for each Associate and ensure completion of the assigned
- Provide daily motivation and encouragement to motivate each
Associate and create the environment and teamwork for excellent
- Monitor daily time and attendance including clock in and out to
ensure daily labor budget is met. Make adjustments as needed to
respond to call offs or changes in forecasted business volume.
- Follow Service Recovery guidelines to ensure that guest
concerns are resolved to complete satisfaction. Understand and
escalate guest concerns when necessary.
- Champion Gold Key/PHRs service culture, The Keys to Making it
Right to proactively focus Associates on what matters most to lead
in guest satisfaction for the brand, our market competitors and on
- Constant inspection of your assigned areas of responsibility to
ensure alignment with standards, specifications and inventories,
which include cleanliness, environment/sense of place and guest
experience; deploy corrective action or resources when
- Proactively manage safety and security procedures to prevent
accidents, ensure healthy environments for both Associates and
- Ensure individual compliance with all Gold Key-PHR, Brand and
state or federal training requirements for your role to include new
hire, certification and re-certification as needed.
- Other duties as assignedGeneral Responsibilities:
- Possess full knowledge and proper techniques in all skill
categories as prescribed on the Engineering Skill Matrix.
- Ensure that all guest requests received are completed in a
timely and efficient manner. Investigate complaints and take
- Provides high quality customer service at all times.
- Maintain Quality Assurance standards as defined by PHR and
- Perform month end inventories in a timely and accurate manner
to ensure department is adequately stocked.
- Assist in the planning of long and short term business
- Represents the company in handling complaints, arbitrating
disputes or resolving grievances.
- Complete daily facility walk to evaluate condition of the asset
and assist in planning to resolve any deficiencies.
- Assist in the management and execution of RFR projects,
ensuring on time, on budget and quality according to SSI.
- Provide consultation or expert advice to management in regards
to maintenance issues.
- Learn, understand and lead according the Engineering Operating
Plan.Leadership Duties: 1. Manage Associates to ensure all areas of
responsibility are properly covered and within budget. 2. Act as
the work load manager using the Work Order and Service Request
system, record all incoming Engineering work and special projects.
Assign work orders according to skill, availability and urgency as
needed. 3. Complete Associate safety training in compliance with
PHR, Brand and OSHA regulations. Report unsafe work conditions,
practices and safety or security violations. 4. Ensure all
Associates receive comprehensive on the job training as described
by the applicable job skills checklist. 5. Inspect completed work
of Engineers to ensure quality and standards met. Coach and train
Associates when deficiency is recognized.Administration Duties: 1.
Create and manage schedule as assigned by Chief Engineer. 2. Review
internal reports to include; occupancy forecasts, night audit
summary, MOD reports, labor, productivity results from prior day,
operating checkbook. 3. Prepare reports as prescribed by Operating
Plan and Chief Engineer related to engineering department
efficiency, productivity and quality. 4. Assist in the creation and
management of departmental annual operating
budgetTypeQualificationEducationCertification in electrical,
mechanical or refrigeration preferredSkillExcellent English verbal
and written communication skills.EducationHigh School Diploma
required, College degree preferred.ExperiencePrior experience as a
property level Chief Engineer preferred.SkillAbility to multi-task
within specific time constraints.SkillAbility to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid
conclusions.SkillAbility to interpret a variety of technical
instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete
variables.SkillAble to apply concepts such as fractions,
percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.ID:
2022-4255 External Company Name: Professional Hospitality
Resources, Inc. and Ocean Beach Club LLC External Company URL:
http://goldkeyphr.com/ Street: 100 E Main St
Keywords: Goldkey, Norfolk , Engineer Supervisor - Hilton Norfolk The Main, Engineering , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!