Company: VINCI Construction LLC
Posted on: July 29, 2022
As a Project Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel
Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will have responsibility
over tasks related to the collection of project data required to
monitor project performance, budget, schedule, and quality,
ensuring all construction work complies with engineering standards,
codes and contract specifications. The Project Engineer will work
closely with an Area Senior Project Engineer.The Hampton Roads
Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of VINCI Construction,
Dragados, and Flatiron has been selected to construct the $3.3BN
Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever
awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).The
project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a
new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total
of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the
existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane
on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels
will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel
opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to
continue to the end of 2025.Essential Duties &
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling.
Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or
process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Assists in the production and review of shop drawings, design
specifications, material requirements and project data to ensure
quality and contract specification compliance.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides
technical input, as needed.
- Meets with engineering team to review production schedule and
confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily
available for production to continue on schedule and within
- Evaluates weekly and monthly production, schedule and budget
projections to accurately track project performance. Documents
daily activities in project approved methods and technologies.
- Reviews project schedule updates weekly for owner and
management reporting. Attends weekly regular meetings where
required and presents on project production status as needed.
- Prepares and manages a three-week work plan. Notifies
engineering and project management of any significant schedule
changes and develops solutions to mitigate delays and cost.
- Initiates and manages Requests for Information (RFIs), as
needed by project.
- Remits accurate project quantities using assigned project cost
coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. In
collaboration with the project accounting team oversees invoices
regarding materials, equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Supports engineering team with quality assurance as needed.
Reviews certificates and permits needed to perform work.
- Reviews required Job Hazard Analysis (JHAs) to ensure a safe
and compliance work environment for all construction personnel.
Participates in all weekly safety meetings with field team and
project leadership; presents field analysis as needed.
- Assists the project team with project schedule, budget and cost
parameters by providing technical input as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as
- Perform additional assignments per management's direction.
- Ability to travel to on-site locations as needed.Education and
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction
- Minimum 1 year construction engineering experience
- Proven skill and ability in managing and providing technical
input to engineering teams in a design build environment, setting
clear expectations and delegating tasks to direct reports regarding
role and responsibilities as required.
- Advanced planning and scheduling skills required.
- Able to manage multiple engineering tasks in a fast-paced
environment and progress them all towards a common goal.
- Advanced knowledge of contract specifications and quality
- Able to identify budget and project costs and recommend options
to mitigate project delays.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of financial reporting methods, quantity
tracking methods and cost coding.
- Able to drive direct reports and influence non-reporting teams
towards a common deliverable.
- Able to identify and implement growth opportunities in direct
reports to build talent development within project team.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate
effectively with others.Strongly Encouraged:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Structural
Engineering is preferred.
- Structures experience highly preferred.
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with
- Ability to self-prioritize and self-start projects and task
- Ability to effectively multi-task similar activities in a fast
paced, time sensitive environment.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.Key Skills and
- Commitment to Safety
- Must possess the ability to write reports and procedure
- Fluent in English with professional proficiency
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Keywords: VINCI Construction LLC, Norfolk , Project Engineer, Engineering , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!