Chief Test Engineer
Company: THOR Solutions, LLC
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job DescriptionTHOR Solutions is actively seeking an experienced
Chief Test Engineer to support a program at BAE Systems Norfolk
Ship Repair (NSR) in Norfolk, VA. The Chief Test Engineer will
manage and coordinate the team which develops the Integrated Test
Plan for U.S. Navy non-nuclear ship and boat repair, modernization,
conversion, and overhaul efforts. The ideal candidate has
significant U.S. Navy active duty shipboard technical
experience.Specific responsibilities may include (but are not
- Provide leadership to develop, coordinate and manage the
Integrated Test Team (ITT) that develops the Integrated Test Plan
- Prioritize tests across stakeholders and systems.
- Evaluate progress towards meeting Key Events.
- Recommends corrective actions as necessary to meet
- Serve as the Project Team's primary point of contact for all
related test integration issues.
- Provide process improvement recommendations based on extensive
experience in shipboard maintenance and leadership.Security
- Must possess an active or interim SECRET security
- OR must qualify for a new SECRET security clearance upon
- Must maintain clearance for the duration of employment.Required
Education, Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities: BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant U.S. Navy technical school diploma/certification.
- At least twenty (20) years of U.S. Navy experience, including
demonstrated management experience or project level management in
shipboard operations and major systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Navy surface ship (i.e., CG, DDG,
LPD, LSD, LHD, PC, LCS, MCM) engineering plant and combat
systems/weapons specifications and configurations.
- Experience in interfacing directly with the government
designated representatives and supervising various contract
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least twenty-five (25) years of U.S. Navy experience,
including demonstrated management experience or project level
management in shipboard operations and major systems.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.Typical
- Essential physical duties of this position include climbing,
crawling, hearing, reaching, repetitive motion, sitting, standing,
talking, vision, and walking.THOR Solutions, LLC is proud to be an
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all
qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race,
ethnicity, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.Please be
aware that many of our positions require the ability to obtain a
security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S.
citizens.Founded in 2009, THOR Solutions, LLC (THOR) is a rapidly
growing Center for Veteran's Excellence (CVE) verified Service
Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) providing mission
critical support across the Department of Defense, federal civilian
agencies and commercial maritime industry, worldwide. THOR provides
innovative and tailored expertise in multidisciplinary engineering,
project and program management, business and financial management,
technical support, integrated logistics support, training support,
fleet support, corporate operations support, assessments and
studies. THOR is privileged to deliver service solutions to the
nation's most complex military, public sector and industry
challenges.THOR is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal
Opportunity Employer. THOR considers all qualified applicants for
employment without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin,
disability, or status as a protected veteran. THOR complies with
applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the law.THOR is proud to be a
Veteran-Friendly Employer. THOR does not discriminate against a
qualified applicant because of their status as a protected veteran,
or their relationship or association with a protected veteran. This
includes spouses and other family members.If you are an individual
with a disability and would like to request a reasonable
accommodation as part the employment selection process, please
contact us at email@example.com or (571) 215-0077.If you
would like to view a copy of THOR's affirmative action plan, please
email firstname.lastname@example.org.Powered by JazzHRJUosDR9StN
Keywords: THOR Solutions, LLC, Norfolk , Chief Test Engineer, Engineering , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!