Company: SJS Executives LLC
Posted on: May 15, 2022
SJS Executives is seeking an experienced HVAC Equipment
Mechanic. Our ideal candidate will have the skill and ability to
disassemble, repair and reassemble units such as pumps, impellers,
compressors, chillers, receivers, evaporators, condenser, and
motors. Candidates will knowledge of the principles and theories of
air conditioning and refrigeration as they relate to the
refrigeration cycle, heat transfer laws and the use of refrigerant
tables. SJS is a Service-Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business
(SDVOSB) with 250 employees coast to coast and a headquarters in
Virginia Beach, Virginia; it specializes in professional services
to support federal and military organizations. The HVAC Mechanic
needs to have a Universal Certification received from an EPA
approved certifying program. The pay for this position is
$23.00-$26.50 per hour plus $4.18 in Health & Welfare with total
compensation range will be $27.18 - $30.68 per hour. The right
candidate will have strong working knowledge of commercial and
industrial air conditioning systems that provide a variety of
functions such as heating, cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying,
circulating and filtering. He or She must also possess an
understanding of the 40 CFR 82, and follow all guidelines and
procedures pertaining to the use and handling of refrigerants as
specified by its codes, amendments and subparts. This person will
enjoy collaborating with a team and know how to conduct themselves
with decorum, as they will be working on a property owned by the
United States federal government and interacting daily with
servicemembers in uniform. Responsibilities will include:
- Performs installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair
of commercial and industrial air conditioning and refrigeration
systems that provide a variety of functions such as heating,
cooling, humidifying, dehumidifying, circulating and
- Carry certification card on person while in a duty status, the
card shall be presented upon request.
- Size and complexity of air conditioning and refrigeration
equipment worked on varies.
- Systems use various methods of air conditioning such as
mechanical and vapor compression, absorption and air cycle.
- Some of these areas may have special, critical, or rigid
environmental control requirements such as communication centers,
data processing centers and operating rooms.
- Maintains the efficiency, reliability, and safety of operation
of systems by checking performance, diagnosing problems, and making
necessary repairs or adjustments or by replacing defective
- Checks elements such as low side and high side pressure,
temperature of the cooling units, pressure and temperature of the
liquid and suction lines, and the running time of the various
- Repairs or replaces fans, pumps, thermostats, humidistats,
motors, compressors, valves, gauges, pneumatic and electric
controls, filters, and other related elements.
- Installs refrigeration and air conditioning systems by
positioning compressors, motors, condensers, humidifiers,
dehumidifiers, evaporators, heaters, and other components in
accordance with design specifications.
- Installs and connects auxiliary control mechanisms and piping
- Connects recording and gauging devices.
- Charges refrigeration systems and tests installation for
- Starts unit and adjusts it for proper operation and optimum
- Must have the skill and knowledge necessary to install,
maintain, troubleshoot, and repair a wide variety of air
conditioning and refrigeration systems including circulating air
and chilled water air conditioning systems, high, medium, and low
temperature refrigeration systems, and total environmental control
- Make repairs to a variety of heating, ventilation, air
conditioning, and refrigeration systems.
- Read and interpret blueprints, specifications, and technical
- Skilled in the use a variety of tools, test equipment, and
close tolerance measuring devices such as voltmeters, ammeters,
multimeters, vacuum and acid pumps, pressure gauges, serviceman's
thermometer, humidity recorders, micrometers, calipers, and
- Evaluate system operation, detect deficiencies, troubleshoot
cause, and make necessary adjustments and repairs.
- Follow all guidelines and procedures pertaining to the use and
handling of refrigerants specified by 40 CFR 82, its codices,
amendments, and subparts; all local, state and federal regulations;
and PWC policies, standard operating procedures and practices.
- Moderate lifting up to 50 pounds
- Responsible for staying abreast of current and ever-changing
environmental laws pertaining to refrigerant handling.
- Able to learn and utilize this software platform - NAVFAC's
- May be required to respond to job related emergencies, within 1
hour of notification. Qualifications:
- 4+ years' Experience as HVAC Mechanic in light commercial or
heavy industrial. Residential experience will not count towards
- Universal Certification received from an EPA approved
- Valid State Driver's License
- Be CPR certified before starting work; SJS may provide
financial assistance for these courses if necessary.
- Be able to read and interpret standard blueprints and operating
- Ability to perform regular and recurring inspections or surveys
in which there is a considerable amount of physical activity
including walking, stooping, bending, and climbing.
- Work at heights, in confined spaces, and possibly in awkward
positions for extended periods
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug test and a thorough
background check for access onto a military installation; please
note the background check for this position extends past 7 years,
in conformance with federal law and US Department of Justice
guidelines for work on a military installation. SJS Executives, LLC
(SJS), also doing business as SJS Industrial, is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race,
color, ethnicity, religion, sex (including pregnancy status and/or
gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual
orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age,
membership in an employee organization, parental status, military
service or other non-merit factors.
Keywords: SJS Executives LLC, Norfolk , HVAC Mechanic, Engineering , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!