General Mail Clerk II Mail Room Post Office - Norfolk Naval Administrative Contract Norfolk Virginia
Company: Versability Resources Inc
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Description:Job Title: General Clerk II - MSCFunctional Job
Title: General Office ClerkDepartment: Administrative Support
MSCFLSA Status: Non-ExemptReports To: Contract ManagerPosition
Purpose:The general Clerk II position supports the MSC contract
with clerical duties. The Clerk II is responsible for selecting
appropriate methods from a wide variety of procedures or makes
simple adaptations and interpretations from a limited number of
guides and manuals. The Clerk II is responsible for escalating and
reporting problems or issues that arise.Primary Duties:
- Familiar with office terminology
- Ensures procedures are followed correctly.
- Takes clerical steps that may vary in sequence depending on the
task at hand.
- Recognizes problems and refers them to leadership.
- Has knowledge of substantive guides and manuals; makes
determinations and simple adaptations and interpretations of the
material contained in the guides and manuals.
- Exhibits attention to detail in following clerical
- Uses office technology to facilitate work
- Other duties as assigned. Requirements:Qualifications/Skills
Knowledge & Abilities:Education:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Minimum of one year experience in clerical work or in an office
- Valid Drivers License is preferred
- Security Clearance strongly PreferredSkills Knowledge &
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance
- Ability to follow procedures while completing multiple
- Skilled in basic math to include sorting alphabetically and
- Knowledge of an office work environment and routine
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Ability to select appropriate methods and procedures and make
simple adaptations and interpretations from technical data and
- Knowledge of office hardware and software
- Excellent communication skillsCompetencies:To perform the job
successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Attention to Detail: Double checks the accuracy of information
and work product to provide accurate and consistent work in a
usable form to others who need to act on it. As well as ensuring
accuracy and standards are met by the team.
- Knowledge: Having a solid knowledge base on office work and
routines use of technology to achieve goals.
- Caring: Works beyond the minimum job requirements and does
whatever is necessary to get the job done.
- Initiative: Does more than is required or expected in the
- Accountability: the ability to be responsible for the
consequences of one's own actions and the actions and decisions of
- Reliability: Completes all assigned tasks on time and with
- Empathy: showing compassion and support to ensure mission of
Versability Resources to support people with disabilities in having
productive and fulfilling lives is being carried out on a
Keywords: Versability Resources Inc, Norfolk , General Mail Clerk II Mail Room Post Office - Norfolk Naval Administrative Contract Norfolk Virginia, Administration, Clerical , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!