C&I Relationship Manager III
Company: Union First Market Bank
Posted on: July 28, 2022
The C&I Relationship Manager III assumes the overall
responsibility, development and management of their borrowing and
non-borrowing portfolio. The Relationship Manager is responsible
for marketing a range of products and services to medium and large
commercial clients and services and originates more challenging and
complex C & I loans. Manages and develops a portfolio of commercial
relationships and ensures retention of total client assets, credit
quality and net growth in relationships. The Relationship Manager
will play a vital role in the growth and development of the
commercial banking portfolio and market share. Primary focus will
be to profile and sell/cross-sell commercial products to our
existing client base, as well as prospects. The Relationship
Manager will build deposits, loans, fee income and refer
appropriate customers and prospects to business partners.
* Work closely with internal partners to facilitate the development
of new business relationships as well as develop prospects through
lead lists and Centers of Influence (COI). Responsible for
retaining and expanding existing customer relationships.
* Develop and maintain a quality loan portfolio with an emphasis on
companies with revenues between $10 - $60 million, obtaining
deposits and cross-selling other Bank products and services along
with building strong customer relationships.
* Prepare correspondence, commitment letters, loan memorandums and
associated documents as required.
* Monitor loan portfolio and maintain updated financial
* Expand existing knowledge base of commercial and other products
and services, including loan policy, documentation, structuring and
* Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each
client relationship is in compliance with established credit
policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and
* Identify and successfully capitalize on cross-sell opportunities
and makes appropriate referrals.
* Execute a call program to acquire, retain and expand customer
* Maintain pipeline of existing relationships and new
* Collect and maintain financial information on borrowers and
interact with customers to ensure that all banking needs are being
* Assist in mentoring teammates, to include credit analysis,
financial spreading and underwriting.
* Provide financial advice to customers and profitably sell
appropriate products and services to those prospects and
* Work with Treasury staff to solicit treasury services and deposit
* Prepare correspondence, commitment letters, and loan memorandums
and associated documents as required.
* Ensure that own work is in compliance with applicable policies,
procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines.
* Participate in organizations and projects to establish referral
contacts and Centers of Influence (COI) within the community.
* Other Duties as Assigned
This position typically reports to a Team Leader, Group Leader or
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or finance preferred or
equivalent banking experience
* Minimum 5-8 years of commercial banking experience and a proven
track record of generating deposit and fee income
Knowledge & Skills
* Strong credit skills evident
* Ability to service and originate more challenging and complex
* Proficient in analyzing complex financial statements and credit
* Strong professional writing skills, can articulate a customer's
business needs succinctly and accurately in credit packages
* Demonstrates effective problem solving and excellent
collaboration and inter-personal communication skills
* Possesses excellent C&I lending and product knowledge and
* Ability to make knowledgeable loan decisions based on information
supplied by the customer verified through a rigorous underwriting
process, strong ability to structure loans
* Proven track record with sales and new business development in
conjunction with exceeding sales goals.
* Ability to work well in a sales driven environment.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time without
* Knowledge of applicable laws and regulatory compliance related to
* Proficient computer skills with good working knowledge of
Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Keywords: Union First Market Bank, Norfolk , C&I Relationship Manager III, Accounting, Auditing , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!