Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Automatic Data Processing, Inc.
Posted on: March 28, 2020
ADP is currently seeking a Senior Operational Auditor to join
their Internal Audit team. The qualified candidate will execute
financial and operational audits of business units, products,
activities, and functions. The position requires active engagement
in the audit process from planning through issuance of the audit
- Conduct preliminary surveys of audit areas to define scope and
- Perform inquiries and engage in discovery to identify relevant
and reliable data sources for use in testing and analytical
- Draft planning documentation and engagement letters.
- Prepare opening and closing meeting presentations.
- Draft audit programs ensuring complete coverage and analysis of
- Execute audit testing and document workpapers in accordance
with departmental guidelines and professional standards.
- Utilize analytical tools and techniques to conduct risk
assessments, population analysis, and holistic testing.
- Draft audit reports and review findings with IAD management and
- Develop knowledge in a critical subject matter area and/or
knowledge of key business processes.
- Execute the Sarbanes-Oxley walk-throughs and test plans for the
Company in a timely manner and in accordance with the testing
- Ensure that issues or problems are addressed and communicated
appropriately in a timely manner.
- Determine root cause failures and business impact noting and
monitoring trends for areas of expertise.
- Communicate testing results to the project manager, process
owner and management.
- Draft observations and recommendations to resolve or prevent
errors and enhance controls within the audited entity.
- Assist with control streamlining/rationalization and
benchmarking for areas of expertise.
- Perform special reviews and other related duties as
- Provide timely status reports to the project manager and
- Develop value-added relationships with process owners and
business unit management.
- Successfully complete audit assignments in a timely and
efficient manner with limited supervision.
- Improve and enhance technical proficiency by completing 40
credit hours of applicable training courses per year.
- Possess a professional certification
- Analysis: Identify and understand issues, problems, and
opportunities, compare data from different sources to draw
conclusions. Effectively identify and explain root causes.
- Judgement: Use effective and efficient approaches for choosing
a course of action; take action that is consistent with available
- Communication: Clearly convey information and ideas in a manner
that helps the target audience to understand and retain
information. All written narratives are presented in a logical,
clear and grammatically correct manner. Employ active listening and
respond effectively to directions.
- Planning and Organization: Support departmental goals by
prioritizing work effectively and efficiently. Utilize resources to
facilitate the timely and efficient completion of audits.
- Adaptability: Ability to either effectively lead an audit or
work as a key contributor for areas of non-expertise. Adjust
quickly and effectively to work with new processes, people and
- Teamwork: Actively volunteer for and participate in
audits/projects and proactively contribute suggestions and
solutions to resolve issues. In doing this, the associate should
keep an open mind about the ideas and suggestions of fellow
associates and adhere to the needs and goals of the team.
- 3+ years experience, preferable in Big 4 Public or National
Accounting firm, or comparable business experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or Economics
- Certified Public Accountant
- 15% - 20% travel required
We're designing a better way to work, so you can achieve what
you're working for. Consistently named one of the 'Most Admired
Companies' by FORTUNE-- Magazine, and recognized by DiversityInc--
as one of the 'Top 50 Companies for Diversity,' ADP works with more
than 740,000 organizations across the globe to help their people
work smarter, embrace new challenges, and unleash their talent.
"Always Designing for People" means we're creating platforms that
will transform how great work gets done, so together we can unlock
a world of opportunity.
At ADP, we believe that diversity fuels innovation. ADP is
committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race,
color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin,
age, marital status, or protected veteran status. We support an
inclusive workplace where associates excel based on personal merit,
qualifications, experience, ability, and job performance.
Keywords: Automatic Data Processing, Inc., Norfolk , Senior Internal Auditor, Accounting, Auditing , Norfolk, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!